Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Debbie Mom

We had a super-great Memorial Weekend! We had Callie over all weekend and it was lots of fun. She and I even got to spend some quality time together while Zach went on a hike Monday afternoon.

Callie has started to call me Debbie Mom or Mom Debbie, since that's how her maternal grandma refers to me. I really, really (I can't seem to type enough reallys!) love it when Callie calls me Mom, or even Debbie Mom. Aww!

That will probably be the closest I ever get in this lifetime to being called Mom, and I'll take every one of them and hold them in my heart. I love you, sweet Callie.

3 comments:

Jennis said...

Our true mothers and fathers in this life are the ones who do the caring, the bathing, the feeding, changing, washing, loving, reading, blessing, teaching, tickling, talking, hair holding, sick kid clean-up, driving around, picking up and tucking in, they are the ones who are there after school, or sitting in your volleyball game. DON'T think for one minute you are not a mom... You love her as your own and whatever she learns to call you will NOT change that you have been a great mother to her. Keep up the good work Debbie Mom!! we love you. :)

mamaseversike said...

Amen. Remember, "mother" is a verb as well as a noun.

Debbie said...

Wow, Jennis! Thanks - now I'm a little teary-eyed. Thanks to you both for the reminder.