Thursday, December 4, 2008

Playing catch up

I'm finally getting to report on things that happened about two weeks ago!

For the first time in four years I was able to be at home with my family for Thanksgiving. I owe it all to the kindness and generosity of my one and only Laura Licious. Without her, it wouldn't have been possible. She did it all; She bought my ticket, picked me up from the airport, chaufferred me around while I was in Oregon, made an eight hour round trip to take me up to Olympia and then made another one three days later to pick me back up again and take me back to Oregon. What a sweety, huh?

It was an action packed week! On Tuesday night After Laura picked me up from the Portland Airport, we stopped by the Portland Temple. We walked all around it and we held hands and talked and enjoyed the spirit there. It was beautiful, I had never been there before
















What a great way to start the trip!

Later that night we went dancing with Laura's sister Janice. Since I'm not much of a country line dancer, I was perfectly content to stay off the floor and give the space to everyone else who was out there.

Wednesday afternoon/evening we made the trip up to Olympia. The traffic was not so good, so it took us an extra hour to get up there. She stayed and chatted for awhile but had to leave again to be home that night.

(Due to the fact that I'm at the library's computer and their computers upload pictures differntly, I'm going to have to do several different posts about the trip) This is the first one and there are more to come!

No comments: