Monday, February 2, 2009

Callie's Birthday

I might as well do a post on my blog about Callie's birthday as I sit here eating her leftover chocolate cake for breakfast/lunch.





















Yesterday in Priesthood meeting our music was being conducted by a 13 year old who had obviously never done it before. After the song was finally over, the announcements were given and we broke to go to out individual meetings; I went up to the bishopric and politely told them I had experience with leading music if the ever needed someone to fill in. They said,"Well we'll just issue you the calling right here! You can be the one to pick out the songs and lead the music. We've been needing someone to do that." They clearly needed help, but I didn't want to say anything. You just don't go up to someone and say, 'You're horrible. Let me fix you.'

Another funny thing I noticed in church yesterday was that no one sat behind us in Sacrament meeting. I guess they didn't want to get smacked on the head by Callie!

2 comments:

mamaseversike said...

Your pictures are beautiful. I like the icy tree, too! Snow is beautiful, I'm just done of it. And I didn't really endure like you did, and Joni and Jacob too. Glad to hear about your new calling with the music. If you remember how I used to sing "Happy Birthday," then you know what my best advice is going to be: Keep the tempo UP! Love you! mama

Jennis said...

good work, that is a sad thing when even the music is painful. cute post.