Friday, February 27, 2009

Whirlwind

OK, I'm playing catch up now because the past couple of weeks have gotten away from me. Between employment stuff and everything else, I have had very little time to blog. Lately I've had something going on every night of the week! Mondays are FHE; on Tuesdays I go visit Callie; Wednesday is for Institute; Thursday is Volleyball night; last Friday, my friend Deb had the day off from work so we decided to get out of Dodge and went up to the Idaho Falls Temple. Neither of us had been here before and we both had always wanted to go- So we did!


It was as beautiful as everyone says it is. We didn't get out of there until fairly late and didn't get home until much later, but the trip was well worth it. I got to take my Caddy out on it's first real road trip and I had a good navigator too. We enjoyed being in the Temple and had fun on the way there and back.






Deb had to work Saturday afternoon and then we went swing dancing that night.








Sunday night we went to a fireside(which was very good). The guy who spoke also played the piano and sang.




This past week has been crazy too. I've been meeting with Vocational rehab for them to help me to get back into school. We've decided to forego the university setting for now and opt for a trade school with a more flexible schedule. It has open enrollment (I can start at anytime) and I can go at my own pace. Voc. Rehab will pay for everything. I'm going into the drafting and graphic design program. It will give me the opportunity to get out of the seasonal jobs I've been stuck in and into a career with a broader range of job prospects with more stability. I'm taking the placement test next Monday.

3 comments:

mamaseversike said...

Well howdy. Those sound like terrific ways to spend your time. I have only been to the Idaho Falls temple once, I'd like to go back. How far is that for you? I'm very excited to hear about the trade school program. I think that sounds awesome. I think it's funny how we're only able to hear things when we're ready to receive them. Sounds like the time is right. :) Love you! me

joni said...

I love the I.F. temple! I wish it wasn't so far away. There's so much to look at in there.

melroy family blog said...

The Idaho Falls temple is special in my family. When I was seventeen, I went with my Grandmother, my Mom, brother Scott, and my cousin David. They had my grandpa's work done then my Grandparents were sealed. My Mom and cousin were sealed to my grandparents. I did baptisms while this was going on. It is worth the trip...