Friday, May 1, 2009

Fluppy Dogs



17 hours in a car in the middle of a desert(complete with cacti!) will make wierd thoughts go through one's head. A certain ill-fated cartoon shpw from 1986 randonly popped into my brain for some reason. Fluppy dogs have nothing to do with this post though, so that's all I'm going to say about them.

Now through the miracle of modern technology I am able to surf the web on Deb's laptop while she takes a turn driving. I can blog, e-mail, watch the latest Susan Boyle video on Youtube, plot our course in real time, anything I want!

We're not quite to our destination yet, but we have accomplished two of our major goals of the trip so far. We stopped at Glenn Canyon Dam at the bottom of Lake Powell...I mean puddle Powell. That was pretty cool though. By the time we got to the Grand Canyon it was late dusk and there wasn't much we could see. Now we are just on the rest of our trip and there really isn't muchelse exciting going on.

I will post pictures when we get home because this computer has issues with the memory card from my camera.

2 comments:

Jennis said...

hey brother, it has been a little while since i've been on the blog. i will be posting shortly on all my adventures. I hope all the crazy car swapping and travel bloggin went well. I hope you and Deb are getting along and that her family grilled you sufficiently!! It's important to get a good grilling when you are planning on being accepted into another persons family. I bet they love you just like us! Hope we can see you in June for the wedding. Love ya.

mamaseversike said...

Zach, a 'by the way': The plant you gave me last is going crazy, dark green and growing like a weed. The cuttings in the garden window are totally red, too much sun (HA!) I guess. And I moved my African violet to the garden window, and it's blooming for the first time in about four years. Amazing. Anything I put in that window grows. I'm going to put a dollar in some dirt and see what happens!! love ya!