Sunday, May 24, 2009

Moving

Over the past little while I've been slowly bringing things over to Deb's house from mine. The other day I dug up my tent that has been sitting under some stuff outside for the past year and a half. It has been in it's bag; but I had figured that it would be all mildew-y, rotten and falling apart from sitting through two winters, two autumns, two springs and a blistering hot summer. I assumed the elements had done their worst, especially if any moisture had been trapped in there for vso long. I didn't have any hope as I pulled it out of the bag, which wasn't waterproof- water resistant, but not waterproof...

To my great surprise and pleasure as I began to unroll it the shiny maroon top material revealed itself to be in perfect shape and good as new! YAY! There are a few tiny little spots of mildew that will have to be scrubbed out, but all in all it will be ready to go as soon as we want to go camping this summer. I'm so excited!

No comments: