Monday, September 1, 2008

Our animated choir lady

Stake Conference is in two weeks and I'm in the Preisthood choir that will be singing in the Logan Tabernacle. Our practices are on Sunday nights and it's pretty fun to go just to be around the choir director. She's a little 90 year old lady who stands with her legs far apart and uses her whole body to direct us. Her arms are always flailing around, pointing at everyone to come in here and cutting others off with her other hand. At the same time she's making us raise and lower our volume by raising and lowering her whole body almost. She's pretty feisty and won't hesitate to tell one section, "Oh you're doing it all wrong! 'Earth is not Earrrrth, pronounce it 'UHHHHth!!!!' , 'and you guys over here have to hold this out until I cut you off!!' , etc. It's so entertaining.

I had to work today on Labor Day!! We had a total of four customers from open to close. I got paid time and a half to sit and surf the web all day. I did restock some of the shelves , so I wasn't totally worthless.

1 comment:

Jennis said...

hey i am realizing how long it's been since i have checked in on anybody. glad to see you are keeping up with your posts...time and a half is always nice, huh?!! callie sure is cute in her boots. i'm so glad you like your job and your life with callie is becoming more of a routine. How did you get your camera to take black and white pictures? is that an edit on your camera? I like those you are a good photographer. keep up with your posts I sure do like to see what you and callie are up too. Love ya.