Saturday, October 11, 2008

My feet were so sore!

After a long day of traversing across the county by foot and by bus running(and I mean literally running) errands. Callie and I made it to the bishopric's dinner at the Bishop's house, only 1/2 hour late and completely exausted. We had taco salad and taco soup, it was very good. For desert we had peach cobbler. Afterwards, we all gathered in the living room and played games. we played Apples to Apples and catch phrase. I skipped out on the Catch Phrase game after the first ropund and read a book to Callie. It was mostly because I'm not very good at that game, but the book thing was a good excuse to duck out. My little girl was the star of the show the whole time we were there. Everyone was commenting on how sweet and well behaved she was at dinner.

She was all giggles and smiles when we were playing the games.
It was such a blessing because it easily could have gone in the opposite direction; she could have been whiney and fussy after such a long day . She could have been stepping all over peoples' cards or running around destroying the bishop's house. I'm thankful that she was such a trooper.





After we got home as I was pulling her sweatshirt off, I did this to her and sang the ,"Do your ears hang low?" song.






. . . And this one was from earlier in the day when we were waiting for the bus. Gotta love the sock mittens. Although you can't tell in the picture, it was SNOWING.

1 comment:

Amanda Lee said...

Callie is so sweet! I'm glad you made it there safe and not frozen into icecubes! I've heard more than a few times that Harley is starting to look like Callie, and in the picture where she's wearing your hat I can see it!