Thursday, November 13, 2008

De ja vu

Some of you might remember the tan Ford Taurus I had several years ago? Today I bought it's twin sister- Nearly identical in every way, even down to the ghetto speakers sitting on the back deck!(hey Joel, remember those?) She runs a little rough, is quite sluggish and there are a couple little spots of rust, but I think she's in pretty good shape for a 21 year old car. I'm especially not complaining about the purchase price of $200.00! OK so it was from a dealership and all their document fees, tax and junk added up to a little over $500.00, but I'm still not complaining to be able to have a car thats legal for me to drive! I'm sure if I had been pulled over in the manual transmission car I was driving before, the ticket most likely would have cost me more than that. . .
Here she is, this is the prettier side:













The not-as-pretty side: (still not too bad, though, eh?)















And last but not least, the ghetto speaker:













A little vacuuming, shampooing, pounding out a few dents, and she'll be good as new!












(edit) Here are a couple more from Saturday after a thorough washing

3 comments:

mamaseversike said...

Okay! so you found it. Good job. May she drive in peace all her days; live long and prosper Taurus Twin! Maybe you should name her "Gemini". (Isn't that the twins?) Love ya! mama

Laura said...

lol I love your mom's idea for a name!!

Dottie! said...

Yay!! You has new car! Unfortunately I don't know when we're going to have another out/ex but when we do it'd be cool if you could come!