Monday, November 10, 2008

Perpetual Bonsai

About 5 months ago I gave this plant to a friend. It is a Schefflera arboricola, or Dwarf Umbrella tree. As I was trimming it back before I delivered it, I kept one of the branches and grew it out to start a new tree.








Today I potted that branch up in it's own pot to send to another friend, but not before trimming a branch from this one to grow out as another tree later!









I've got a good head start on this branch because it came with roots already!
I'll keep you updated on it's progress . . .

3 comments:

Amanda Lee said...

I can't keep plants alive, Bryant gets me plants on our anniversary instead of flowers so they last longer except they just end up shriveling up too! You rock, what are your plans for thanksgiving?

Dottie! said...

My boss has that same tree in his office. I always am wondering what kind of plant it is (and even he didn't know!) but now I know!

:D

joni said...

Your green thumb never ceases to amaze me. How beautiful.