Saturday, October 3, 2009

White Pine lake

Here are some pictures from my hike on Friday afternoon. I went to White Pine lake in the Mt. Naomi wilderness area in Logan Canyon. These photos don't even begin to do justice to all of the inspirational scenery I encountered on the trail.



This reminds me one of those color-blind tests. If you can see the number 111,111,111,  you are not colorblind! Congratulations! (If you see a greater or fewer # of digits you probably still aren't color-blind though. But maybe you are... who knows?)



Another detail of this hike that has never played such a role as any other hike that I've been on was the smells that enveloped me. As I walked through some of the grassy meadow-y places, there were large expanses of sage with some relative of the mint family that was interspersed among all of them which made for a VERY aromatic trip! It made me want to lay down and roll around in it; and if the ground were drier I might have done it!
 


_________________________________________________________________________



These two mountains are called Gog and Magog. I don't know which one is which, but they are at opposite ends of the lake and are both quite impressive in real life!
__________________________________________________________________________









He's kind of hard to see but that's a beaver that wasn't too happy with me for snooping around his lake!

1 comment:

Amanda Lee said...

I really like the snowy lake picture, it's so calm and peaceful. Like it should be in a scene of a movie or something. Very cool pictures.