Thursday, July 16, 2009

More Summer fun!

( Read this in the most adventurous voice you can muster)

With only our wits and a few sticks to defend ourselves, our small band of safarians embarked upon a trip into the wilderness. We braved searing heat, raging rapids, sheer rock faces on both sides, dangerous undercurrents, towering waterfalls, hungry, ferocious animals staring down at us from the cliffs above with their beady little eyes! Indeed it was a treacherous journey, but we knew that the conditions were just right for this type of expedition. So we made the necessary preparations and set out on our voyage. . . .


(Dramatic pause)





Yes, our intention was to... (gasp!) Float the canal!









































Aaah! Defend yourselves from the wild beasts!
Those ferocious animals are saying, "Just you wait... You may have escaped this time, but we will get you next time!"
Of course many of the most perilous aspects of our trek that were described at the beginning could not be captured on film because they were so dangerous, but trust me - we feared for our very lives throughout most of our passage through that uncharted territory!!
~Keep checking in for more adventures!~

2 comments:

mamaseversike said...

I want to do it too! That is just my kind of rapids!! Nice job, I am so relieved you survived. Good thing you didn't tell me ahead of time, I would have had to try to talk you out of such a risky adventure.

(ps, my word verification word is slymo; which could be 'Sly Mo' or the first thing that popped into my brain; Slym-o!"

Jennis said...

I like that one. you have a gift for gab, I like it.