Friday, July 3, 2009

Our first Camping trip

We went on our first camp out from yesterday till this afternoon. It was so much fun! This morning we went on a hike just to see where the trail went. It lead us around mant interesting turns and bends, always ascending higher and higher. We didn't run into any ferocious beasts while we were up there, except this menacing butterfly. It even has wiskers by it's "nose" !














We saw a couple more like these below!















And here are some samples of the flora we passed along the way too. This plue and purple one is Penstemon.
















This is a wild Delphinium, just like the cultured ones we had at the wedding.















And here's a close-up view of the flower to show all the fine details of it















Columbine; white ones and yellow ones...

























Paintbrush












I don't know what this little white one is, but it was so dainty and cute I had to take a picture of it. The breeze was blowing enough that it wouldn't stay still!!! Grrr!

















These guys were much more vivid in real life...













Here are a few pictures of our surroundings












4 comments:

mamaseversike said...

pretty! Do you want to be in charge of identifying my Yellowstone flowers? I took pictures in case I'm asked about the 'flora' aspect of my park class. fun for you!!!

Zach said...

I would love to be in charge of that mom. Did you hear that I got sick today with the same thing everyone else had? Mine has lasted all day though and nothing I did would help. I hope I'm better in time for church in the morning!

melroy family blog said...

Zach & Debbie, I love the photos of the butterflies and flowers from your trip !
We are looking forward to the wedding pictures too since we could not come.

joni said...

Looks like your new life together is off to a great start! Wish we had been able to make it to your wedding. Can't wait for the post of your big day.